A revised roadmap for a return to face-to-face learning has been issued by the new Premier of NSW, Dominic Perrottet, in which he states that “all school students will also now return to on-site learning with a range of COVID-safe measures in place by October 25, with the second and third stages of the return to school plan now combined. Kindergarten, Year 1, and Year 12 students will still return to face-to-face learning on October 18, with all other years now returning one week later on October 25.”
Reddam House will adhere to this plan with the Covid-safe measures in place for this return to school to include:
- Face masks to be worn by all teachers
- Face masks will be worn by all students from Y7 - Y12 and encouraged in the Primary School
- Hand sanitation on arrival at school.
- Hand sanitizer stations throughout the school for regular application
- Air purifiers have been acquired for every classroom.
- Visitors including parents are not to be permitted on the school site.
- Enhanced cleaning regimes will be implemented.
- Primary School students will enter the school from the Edgecliff Road entrances.
- Middle School students will enter the school from the Convent Lane entrance.
- Senior School students will enter the school as normal.
The following activities are not permitted on school grounds according to NSW Government:
- Singing and Choirs
- Music ensembles and bands
- Interschool Activities, Carnivals
- School Productions and Concerts
- Prize Givings and Award Presentations
- Excursions and camps
Students not returning to face-to-face learning will be able to join those in the classroom via Google Meet. Teachers will use a hybrid approach for the immediate future. Their focus will definitely be on the students in the classroom at school.
Our teachers will adhere to the Public Health Order and will be vaccinated as mandated.
We look forward to welcoming our students back to school on the 18th and 25th of October 2021.